There’s a Register Reward promotion going on at Walgreens this week: Spend $30 in selected Procter and Gamble products and get a coupon at checkout for a FREE 50oz bottle of Tide detergent (up to $8.99 in value). Here’s a good deal scenario:
- Add to your cart: two Olay Quench Lotions (on sale for $7.99 each), two Olay Regenerist Scrub Cleansers (on sale for $5.83 each), and one Crest toothpaste ($2.50)
- Head to the checkout and before the cashier starts ringing up your receipts, let him/her know that you need a rebate receipt (instructions are below). You need to get a rebate receipt for the Olay Regenerist Cleansers so you can submit for this rebate with the rebate receipt and for the Olay Quench Rebate with the regular receipt.
- Do the following transaction and use the following coupons:
$15.98 when you buy two Olay Quench Lotions
$11.66 when you buy two Olay Regenerist Scrub Cleansers (you need a rebate receipt for these two)
$2.50 when you buy one Crest Toothpaste
Total: $30.14 plus tax
-$2 when you use two $1/1 Olay Lotion coupons from 12/27 P&G insert (or $3/1 from Marie Claire and Self magazines)
-$6 when you use two $3/1 Olay Regenerist coupons from 11/29 P&G insert
-$0.75 when you use Crest toothpaste coupon from 11/29 P&G insert
Pay $21.33 plus tax out of pocket and get a coupon for FREE Tide at checkout
Plus get back $15.98 back via Olay Quench rebate and $15 back via Olay Regenerist rebate.
Final price: $5.41 plus get FREE Tide
How to Get a Rebate Receipt
- Tell the cashier in advance that you need the rebate receipt before he/she starts scanning items.
- Cashier will need to press “Special receipt” button on the left keypad; it’s the middle key on the bottom row. Not every register has this button, so ask for the register that has this.
- Cashier will scan the items that need the rebate receipt.
- Cashier needs to select option “3” when prompted. This is for the rebate receipt.
- When transaction is completed, 2 receipts will print.
I know not everyone may feel up for this scenario, but if you were wondering how to make both rebates work to your advantage with this offer, then this is the way. If you decide to give this a try, please share in the comments section how you did.
Thanks, Common Sense With Money!