Starting today on Facebook, local businesses will be able to offer you deals when you check in to their store on Facebook with your iPhone or other mobile device. This new Facebook feature allows you to see what offers are nearby and share those deals with your friends.
To see the deals:
- On touch.facebook.com or the latest version of Facebook for iPhone, touch ‘Places’, then ‘Check In’. Nearby places with deals have a yellow icon.
- When you touch the place, you can view the deal and check in to claim it.
- Show your phone to the cashier to get your gift or discount.
**These deals come from merchants, not Facebook, so check with your local stores for additional details, such as when they’re running, how many of the offers are available, and whether a deal is for you or also for your friends.
You’ll see a few different types of deals: individual deals for a discount, FREE merchandise or other rewards; friend deals where you and your friends claim an offer together; loyalty deals for being a frequent visitor to a place; and charity deals where businesses pledge to donate to a cause when you check in.
Here are a few deals you can already score:
- American Eagle Outfitters: 20% off
- Chipotle: 2 entrees for the price of 1
- Gap: FREE blue jeans to the first 10,000 customers
- Golden State Warriors: Exclusive event with a basketball player on the NBA team from Oakland, CA
- Starbucks: Donating $1 per guest to Conservation International