Many of you have problems printing coupons from one of the big coupons sites or from direct links to coupons on manufacturer’s sites. Sadly, there is not one answer than fix everyone’s problems. Here are some tips to try to help though.
First, many links are browser specific:
If you run across a link surfing the Internet, here’s how to change it yourself:
See the ‘vg’? That’s one little part that makes this link only work in Firefox. If anyone tried to print it in another web browser, it would sit on the ‘Sending to printer…’ screen indefinitely.
Want to make it work for Internet Explorer?
Change the ‘vg’ to ‘vi’.
Want to make it work for Safari?
Change the ‘vg’ to ‘xs’.
Sometimes, the link will have a ‘wg’. This works the same, just change the ‘wg’ to ‘wi’ for (IE) or to ‘xs’ for Safari.
That’s great, but I can’t print from any link!
Try these tips to see if any will work:
- Download a new version of Java.
- Go to the website for your printer’s manufacturer and see if they have a new print driver you can download and install.
- Try switching web browsers. Firefox and Safari are FREE to download and use.
- Your firewall may be too strong. Try turning off your firewall, printing, and then turning it right back on.
- If your Internet runs through a router in your house, try hooking the computer you are using directly to the modem or Internet. This is to test whether the firewall in the router is too strong.
- If you use a Mac, please only use Safari and Firefox.
Thanks, Southern Savers!