September is a very important month for those of us who coupon: it’s National Coupon Month! This is always a great month for high value coupons, but besides that, I have some exciting events and information to share with you all!
As you probably already know, I’m a Savings Nation Ambassador, meaning I teach coupon workshops. I have a FREE grocery savings workshop coming up on September 24th, and so do lots of other bloggers! We’re doing coordinated coupon workshops on September 24th to help raise awareness and help you, the consumer, save lots of money.
Here’s a list of the bloggers that are participating:
- Albany, NY: Lauren Greutman, I am THAT Lady
- Ashley, OH: Lynette Rice, Cleverly Simple
- Charlottesville, VA: Renae Chiovaro, How to Have it All
- Cincinnati, OH: Andrea Deckard, Savings Lifestyle
- Detroit, MI: Melissa Buckles, Bargain Shopper Mom
- Edmond, OK: Shannon Snow, Coupon Princess
- Fairfax, VA: Laura Harders, Beltway Bargain Mom
- Hudsonville, MI: Sarah Weeda, Give Me Neither
- Knoxville, TN: Melissa Cox, Frugalissa Finds
- Lynnwood, WA: Amber Bustanoby, Coupon Connections
- Naperville, IL: Maria Tiongco Ramos, A Savings WOW
- Phoenix, AZ: Melissa Hurst, Saving Cents with Sense
- Pomona, MO: Phoebe Hendricks, Getting Freedom
- Renton, WA: Jen Dotson & Sia Hills, Thrifty Northwest Mom
- Seattle, WA: Jen Dotson & Sia Hills, Thrifty Northwest Mom
- St. Cloud, MN: Mitchell Wischmann, Frugal Finders (That’s Me!)
- Syracuse, NY: Lauren Greutman, I am THAT Lady
- Tipton, IN: Briana Carter, Bargain Briana
We’re launching an exciting contest to celebrate National Coupon Month too! You can have a chance at winning a grocery makeover with one of our Savings Nation Ambassadors! Here’s how you can enter:
Step One: Through September 10, 2012, make a short video and submit it on the Savings Nation Facebook page sharing why you need a grocery makeover.
Step Two: On September 12, 2012, it’s time to vote! Get your family, friends, neighbors, co-workers, and everyone else you know to vote for your video. Voting ends September 20, 2012, and the ten videos with the most votes will be entered into the final round.
Step Three: A panel of strategic shopping experts will chose three winners from the ten finalists.
Prizes: Winners will receive a grocery gift card and a coupon makeover.
- Grand Prize: $200 Grocery Gift Card and a Coupon Makeover.
- 2nd Prize: $150 Grocery Gift Card and Coupon Makeover.
- 3rd Prize $100 Grocery Gift card and Coupon Makeover.
Coupon makeovers will be done with a Savings Nation Ambassador. If winner does not live near an Ambassador, then the winner will receive a personalized virtual makeover.
But wait, that’s not all! There are a few more fun events going on throughout National Coupon Month. Check them out below:
- Coupon-a-thon Challenge: Download the total savings playbook so you can save at grocery stores, malls and local retailers like a pro
- September 5: Live Grocery Savings 101 Facebook chat hosted by Savings.com DealPros, logon to Facebook.com/Savings at 6pm Pacific Time to join the fun with friends
- September 10: Join the LIVE coupon Q&A webinar to chat with a panel of DealPros, coming to you live from Valpak Headquarters in St. Petersburg, FL
- September 20: ‘Go Crazy with Coupons’ Twitter Party: Connect with others, enter to win prizes and get exclusive deals, just by following hashtag #SavingsNation (I’m co-hosting!)
Here’s to National Coupon Month! Let’s make it a great one! 😀