Here are a few tips for Black Friday shopping:
- Organize your Christmas List Before Black Friday: Make sure you know what gifts you’ve already purchased and determine who’s left on your Christmas list.
- Create a Budget and Stick to It: Know how much you plan to spend before you get caught up in the deal frenzy. Make sure you stick to your budget. If you think this might be difficult, bring cash only.
- Create a List of Desired Deals and Prioritize: List the prices of desired items at all stores, choose which store you plan to shop and have a backup store in mind in case of inventory shortages.
- Create a Store Master Plan: If you plan on hitting several stores, you’ll need a plan. Check store opening times to see if you can hit several stores when they open. If you’re trying to get a hot item, you’ll need to hit that store first and wait in line.
- Read the Fine Print: Some deals will only have a limited number per store. If the fine print states, ‘As least 2 per store’, your chances of getting one aren’t very good. Also, some deals are only available during a specified time period.
- Price Match (bring your ads): Some stores, like Walmart and Target, allow you to price match. You could save time by shopping all the deals at one store.
- Shop with a Partner: Not only is shopping with a partner more fun, but it can also save time. One person can get in line while the other shops, and you can switch off.
- Shop Online: Many stores also offer their Black Friday deals online. You might be able to get many of the same deals without having to fight the crowds.
To see the Black Friday ads now, check out A Full Cup for ad scans and discussion about the deals.
Let us know if you have any tips!
Thanks, Centsable Momma!