Remember when Walmart asked us consumers to complete a survey about coupon use? We spoke… and they listened! They’ve revised their coupon policy, and this is definitely going to change shopping at Walmart!
Two of the biggest changes I noticed is that they will give you change if the coupon exceeds the price of the item, and they also accept Catalina couopns from other stores! Here’s the entire new policy:
Click below to see the full policy.
Walmart will accept the following coupons:
- Manufacturers’ coupons
- Print-at-home Internet coupons
- Must be legible, have “Manufacturer Coupon” printed on them, have a valid remit address, valid expiration date, and have a scannable barcode
- Competitors’ coupons that feature a specific item for a specified price
- For example, a box of Rice Krispies for $2.99
- Soft drink container caps
- Checkout, or Catalina, coupons (Register Rewards included!)
- These are printed at competitors’ registers, have “Manufacturer Coupon” with specific requirements printed on them, a valid remit address, valid expiration date, and a scannable barcode
Walmart does not accept the following coupons:
- Print-at-home Internet coupons that require no purchase (printable FREE item coupons)
- Competitors’ coupons for dollars/cents or percentage off, buy one get one FREE, and double- or triple- value coupons
Coupon guidelines and limitations:
- One coupon per item.
- Coupons must have an expiration date and be redeemed prior to expiration.
- Coupons may exceed the price of the item. Change may be given or applied toward the cost of the basket purchase.
- Walmart only accepts coupons for merchandise they sell.
- Coupons must be presented at the time of purchase.
- Walmart accepts the following with Customer Service Supervisor/Management approval:
- 40 or more coupons
- Any coupon over $20
- $50 or more in coupons in one transaction
Be sure to print out this policy and take it with you every time you shop at Walmart!
What are your thoughts regarding this new coupon policy? Walmart wants to hear your feedback, so please take a quick survey and help them out.